Is your site popular?
This article is a continuation of the discussion on the factors of the popularity of your site. The first article was devoted to the topic of quality site content. It has already concluded that the popularity of the site is determined by the presence of grateful users, the number of which directly depends on the quality of the site. This article also refers to the disclosure of another of the fundamental factors in the popularity of your site – the concept of the quality of the site interface. I have identified five key parameters.
1. Observance of the uniform style of the site on all its pages This simple measure will not only give recognition of the style of your site, it will instill a sense of your professionalism to the visitor. It’s nice to be on thoughtful and “beautiful” sites, do you agree? This pleasant feeling directly affects the perception of the quality of all the material on their pages. This point can also include such scrupulous moments as text literacy, audio and video quality, ease of downloading, etc. The worst thing for you is if the user sees typos on your site. I get carried away by the thought, quickly type the text with constant typos. Or, as I like to joke, “WRONG”. I’ll skip a letter, mix them up in places, don’t put a comma, etc., etc. I have to chase the text through Microsoft Word, otherwise I may not point out a typographical error … Besides, I’m trying to show respect for readers, contact by name in the personal letters of their newsletter, emphasize their importance, always referring to “You” with a capital letter.
2. Convenience of navigation on the site This is also a very important point, because irritated visitors who cannot find an article that was viewed a few actions back can make a wrong conclusion about the quality not only of this article, but of the site as a whole. The advice, as always, is simple – everything should be intuitive.
3. Color decision site Perhaps you think that there is an inflection point. However, I hasten to convince you. “There is no friend to the taste and color,” is an unshakable truth, nevertheless, I have come across sites on which excessive contrast is adjusted, straining the eye. It’s annoying, you see. Black background and white font do not contribute to long reading from the screen, for example. It is usually advised to choose muted relaxing eye tones. It is bad and when the background is too bright or it has a complex and rich pattern.
4. Font sizes and styles With the size everything is also clear, nevertheless you need to keep the middle ground. Too small text is annoying again with the fact that it makes you look intently at the text, and too large requires constant scrolling down, which after 3-4 times begins to strain … Unusual and non-broken font style can give charm to your text. Personally, I do not like how beautiful the font “Comic Sans MS” on the screen. This is my opinion, so all the letters from me and all the pages of my site are made in this particular font style. Again, this seemingly trifle gives quality!
5. Content location on the site I touched upon this point partly in the questions covered above. Universal advice – do not allow the visitor of your site to make more than one decision on one page, and do not overdo it at all. Understand that most people are lazy by nature, and by making one decision, they can bypass the other by the path of least resistance. For example, I would not place on one page an affiliate link or banner ads and a request for the recommendation of my article, even for a gift. I will explain why. Content on a particular page has certain benefits for the user, for which he is grateful to you. The fact is that he quickly forgets about her! Having provided a lot of useful information on the page, to offer at its end to click on an affiliate link, and even recommend your article to friends – it may turn out to be too much for some. I note that “a lot of useful information” does not mean that you need to pour water on ten pages, each of which gives the essence no more than a paragraph. No, I’m more talking about page down. After 4 times it starts to tire, agree? Therefore, if you have a large topic and if it is not possible to divide it into separate articles, then it is better to split the topic into several pages. I give additional motivation to my reader so that he wants to listen to me further. For example, “On the next page, the most interesting …” or “A gift is waiting for you …”. It is like a solution to the problem of long articles. Can help and block saving space, lightweight script, which makes sense to implement on the site. All these moments are very important, because the overall impression is made up of trifles. There is such a great phrase: “You have only one chance to make a first impression.” That is why work with your content so that the user has the desire to recommend your resource to friends from any page of your site. It turns out that the recipe is simple here – do everything at the level you can afford. I also note that doing everything at the highest possible level is a concept that is far from new.